It is that time of year again! Millions of students all over the country are preparing for a new college year. Some of them will be leaving the nest for the first time to move into a dorm while others may be moving into their own independent off-campus housing. Both situations come with packing and moving needs.
Liedkie Moving & Storage knows full well the excitement and special needs our Albany college students hold since we are a greater Albany area moving company that has been helping families move their kids to college for years and years.
Whether your child is moving a short distance or far from home, we can help take the stress out of the move by providing you with a few ideas and resources.
- Chances are if your student is moving into a dorm, you will not be taking anything large like furniture. Most dorms provide a bed, desk and small chest of drawers. You won’t have room for much else. You will need to pack things you need for school and a few items to make you feel at home. Liedkie Moving & Storage can help. We are the Albany Moving Company that can provide Packing Supplies to ensure your student’s items are protected in transit. It is essential not to over-pack since chances are you will get there and find that the space just won’t hold it all. You may be driving your packed items yourself or need to ship them beforehand. Either way you won’t want to over-pack. Check out these links for ideas on what and what not to pack:
- Dorm Rooms Essentials Checklist
- Dorm Essentials: A Freshman’s Dorm Checklist
- Dorm Room Basics: What to Pack and What to Leave at Home
- If your college student is moving into off-campus housing, the moving in needs can and will be very different. Some off-campus housing will rent furnished but others will not. Your student and his or her roommates might need to furnish and supply an entire apartment or house. Liedkie Moving & Storage Company is the Albany Moving Company that can help with your student’s small move – whether it is a local Albany move or a long distance move to another state.
- If your student is attending school in a new state, the logistics of moving their household items can be complex and costly, but Liedkie Moving & Storage can help simply the process. You might think about renting a truck to get their household items to school, and in some cases that might be the least expensive and convenient option, but in some cases it may actually be less expensive, safer, and save a lot of hassle, to use a professional moving service. Truck rental may seem like the cheaper option, and usually is best option locally, but when you factor in the gas, time, and one way rental fees on a long distance move – full service may be affordable, with a lot less stress, and work. Give us a call today and Liedkie Moving & Storage will get you on your way.
Liedkie Moving & Storage is your Albany Moving Company ready to provide resources and support to ease your stress as your college student readies for a new year away from home. We wish your son or daughter a successful and happy college year!